Social Media Content Sharing In Last Five Years [Infographic]
With each passing day, content sharing over social media sites are becoming more habitual. Users on Social media websites are also growing exponentially year-on-year. This has given a boost to users to pay more attention towards profile contents, since growth and sharing are directly proportional to each other. On an average, more than 30 billion tweets happens in a month over Twitter network alone. Where more than 2.5 billion pics get uploaded on Facebook every montha that shows how much peoples are fascinated towards content sharing.
Below Infographic by AddThis - the bookmark sharing service used by 10 million websites reaching 1.2 billion people every month – will enlighten the total number of sharing on social networking site during 2006-2011.
Key insights of Infographic:
- Twitter is the leader in terms of sharing, with growth rate of 35,356% followed by Facebook (5,809%) and LinkedIn (3,226%).
- Facebook send button has seen a massive growth of 756%, beating Tumblr (532%) and Google+1 button (418%).
- Peak time for sharing is 9.30am.
- Wednesday is the peak day of all the days.
- 75% of click appears within the first day of a share.
- In past year send button of Google has been decline by 68%, followed by AOL 63% and MySpace 53%.