Twitter Guide To Increase ReTweets: 92% Interesting Contents, 24% “Please RT” Work Best
How do you increase Retweets of yours on Twitter? It’s the age-old question, and while the number of followers that any user has on everybody’s favourite micro-blogging social network should never be considered indicative of quality of content, like it or not people can and will judge you on the size of your Twitter network. Twitter has more than 225 million users and it’s often said that the best use of twitter is the broadcast medium. It helps in marketing a brand, gives exposure to a product.
How to Increase Retweets
- Engage your customers. 67% of twitter users are likely to buy from a brand they follow. Engagement rates 17% higher on weekend, 19% of brand tweets happen on the weekends.
- Use images-36% of links shared on twitter is images.40% of people respond to visual info than plain text.
- 21% Higher interaction rates for tweets less than 100 characters.21% more engagement when number like 1 to 2 hashtags are used. With hashtags 2 times more likely to be retweeted.
- 92% of Retweets are based on”interesting content”. 26% are due to inclusion of “please RT” in the tweet.
With engagement of customers it will enhance the process of retweets.
Few Insights from the Infographic
- The art of getting retweets-leave room for @RT, give credit, retain as much original
- Tweet length Vs Retweet-59, 51, 32, 16 retweets/ tweet for 71-100, 100+, 41-70, 0-40 characters respectively.
- URL Vs Retweets- 28.4% tweets with URL & 21.4% Retweets with URL.
- #tags Vs Retweets- 10.1% of tweets have at least one hashtag. 20.8% of Retweets have atleast one hashtag.
- Pleas Retweet has a 51% Retweet rate followed by PleaseRT which has a 39% Retweet rate. Using neither of two yields only a 12% Retweet rate.
- Timing and retweets- tweet between noon to 2pm to get maximum retweets.
Few more Tricks to Increase Engagement:
- Try to add links to detail source with Tweets
- Always ask for RT from your Twitter associates.
- Stop talking about you. Only about 1.5% of retweets contain self-reference. About 3% of normal tweets contain self-reference.
- “What kind of content retweeted mostly?” Almost 80% responded News followed by 55-60% saying Instructional and an Entertainment.
- Articles that mention “Twitter” were retweeted over 200% more than articles mentioning “Facebook”.