Worldwide Mobile Industry Growth 2013: Comprehensive Overview [INFOGRAPHIC]
The evolution of mobile phone has transformed the way people interact, connect and consume information. In last 10 years, mobile phone and its usage has changed drastically; people like bigger screen, touch screens and it’s no more just a device people buy only to call and sms.
Today, we have brought a detailed infograhic, highlighting mobile growth statistics for 2013. The infographic is curating multiple comprehensive studies and reports to explain mobile as a market, as a device, smartphone adoption, usage of smartphone, interest among people towards smartphone features and much more.
Super Monitoring created the infographic, which also states the growth of various aspects of mobile as device and OS. Here are few key highlights:
- 91% of population on earth uses mobile phone.
- By the end of 2013, there will be more mobile devices than people on earth.
- More than 2 billion mobile devices will be shipped globally in 2013.
- 56% people own Smartphone; thanks to emergence low-price smartphones from regional players.
- Nearly 50% of mobile users, use mobile as their primary device to access Internet.
- Android is the only mobile OS showing significant growth in recent years.
- Mobile apps are the future of mobile computing; 80%of mobile time is spent in apps.
- 51% of mobile traffic is sent form mobile video.
- 57% of users will not recommend doing business with poorly designed mobile sites.
- Apparel is the top venue where people use their mobile phone the most; majority clicking and sharing pictures.
- Businesses must focus on Tablet: Tablet users are nearly 3 times more likely to purchase than Smartphone.
- Asia-Pacific (Including Japan) region contributes the maximum to global mobile advertisement revenue.