San Francisco based Twitter Inc. (NYSE:TWTR) which was born as a messaging service and later evolved into a world-class micro-blogging platform, has seen an incredible growth and now provides companies and brands, a platform for addressing the masses with a mere 140 char tweet, gather wider brand recognition and publicity through its exciting features. Marketers of various firms are increasingly adopting the Twitter platform due to its viral nature and wider outreach due to features like re-tweets, mentions and hashtags. Brand accounts must be monitored wisely and continuously to notify all the pertaining activities, talks and discussions about the brand amongst its followers.
Although, social media usage can also harm a brand’s image if not used prudently, but it is an unavoidable part as a majority of customers prefer engaging with brands on social media, they often share and discuss about brands with their friends, followers, family and relatives on social media platforms. Hence brand presence is important on all major social media platforms.
- Close to 57% of companies use Twitter for businesses and generate 2X more leads per month than those who avoid using the platform.
- Twitter users are 3X more likely to follow brands than Facebook brands, as Twitter folks are more hungry for exciting news and information in the form of short tweets, whereas on Facebook, a significant share of users are involved in various tasks apart from news consumption
- Nearly 33% of active Twitter users share opinions about brands, companies and products and close to 32% of active users recommend brands, companies and products to others
- About 33% of active Twitter users ask for recommendations about products and companies and 19% expect customer support from companies via the Twitter platform. Nearly 53% of customers expect a response within an hour on twitter.
- Close to 67% of customers are more likely to buy products from brands they follow, 79% of Twitter users are bound to recommend the brands they follow to their tweeps.
- Although, social media is an unavoidable part for companies and brands, nearly 81% of them fear using any of the networking sites as they can harm the company’s reputation if not used properly.
- Only 23% of companies are using social media monitoring tools. It is vital for all brands and companies to adopt the latest social media technologies as it is the place where customers are. Fearing brand damage due to improper usage of social media tools and avoiding its usage can prove costly for brand marketers.
- Twitter usage is inevitable, as it is required to keep a note of certain things like –
- who is talking about your brands, who talks and who influences the talkers? What are Twitter users saying about you? Do They share opinions and experiences?
- When do these conversations happen? Are they Event Driven?
- Why are conversations happening? Are they positive or negative, questions or complaints?