Are You Late By A Minute? Here Are The Things Which Just Occurred Over The Internet In Last 60 Seconds! [REPORT]
The world today is moving at a faster pace than ever. In every single minute, millions of activities are occurring at a rollicking pace over the internet. The fast-growing digital and internet technology has made it possible for an all year-long process to occur within a few minutes or even seconds. More than 37.3% of world is online and is using the internet for various purposes.
Mobile broadband subscribers are expected to reach 2.1 billion by the end of 2013, which is an average annual increment rate of 30%. High speed internet is the demand of the day, 4G subscribers are expected to cross 874 million in the next few years. If you are ever late by just 1 minute and wonder what all happened in that duration – Here is an insight of One Internet Minute.
- More than 639,800 GB of global IP data transfer takes place in every single internet minute. About 47,000 app downloads occur every single minute.
- About 2 million search queries are sent to Google in one internet minute, about 1.3 million video views and 30 hours of video uploading takes place every 60 seconds.
- 6 new Wikipedia articles are published every single internet minute, as well as 204 million e-mails are sent in same duration.
- In a span of one internet minute (60 seconds), about 1,300 new mobile users are added. About 135 Botnet infections are identified and close to 20 new web users are victimized by identity theft in a single internet minute.
Fast-growing technology has paved the way for a vast number of processes, terabytes of data transmissions, billions of searches, millions of videos uploads and image viewing possible. People are increasingly using social media due to better internet connectivity in a majority of geographic locations. All major networking sites like Facebook Inc. (NASDAQ:FB), Twitter Inc. (NYSE:TWTR), LinkedIn Corp (NYSE:LNKD), Pinterest, Instagram and Vine have a combined user-base of close to 2 billion. All this was possible due to fast growing internet and its world-wide penetration.
- About 277,000 Facebook logins and about 6 million Facebook views take place in one internet minute.
- Close to 100,000 new tweets are posted on the micro-blogging sites and about 320+ new Twitter accounts are created in a single internet minute.
- Nearly 100+ new LinkedIn accounts are created in one internet minute. Overall user-base of LinkedIn is estimated to be around 259 million and growing.
- About 3,000 photo uploads and 20 million photo views occur on the Flickr platform in one internet minute. The total number of networked devices are equal to the global population of 7+ billion.
Source: Daily Infographic