Apple Inc. (AAPL) Users Download 48,000 Apps From The App Store – Every Minute: Internet In One Minute !
Ten years ago, it would have been impossible to imagine the global scale and power of the internet today. Even now, internet users are uploading all kinds of information online, ranging from photos to videos and app downloads. Between 2011 and 2013, the global internet population grew by 14.3% to a staggering 2.4 billion users, with an estimated 25% of users accessing the internet on mobile. There are also 75 million servers around the world, which are powering the internet. With so many users, the amount of data being generated on the internet in one minute is enormous and almost incomprehensible. One minute may seem like a minuscule time period to us, but the internet is continuously growing and gathering information through all devices ranging from smartphones to desktop computers. It’s also shocking to learn that despite holding as much as 5 million terabytes of data, the entire internet weighs as much as a single grain of sand.
Through this powerful infographic from Domo, the staggering data being generated online every minute comes to life.
- Every minute, E-mail users send at least 204 million messages while Google receives over 4 million search queries.
- Social media is on fire every minute, with Facebook generating 2,406,000 pieces of content and Twitter users sending out 277,000 tweets.
450 million Whatsapp users500 million active users post 347,222 photos every minute, while users of Instagram post 216,000 photos every minute.
- Vine is a Twitter-based client where users can post six second videos. Its users upload 8,333 videos every minute.
- Amazon.com is generating US$83,000 in online sales every 60 seconds.
- YouTube users upload a staggering 72 hours of Video very minute.
This might just be the beginning, as the internet will reportedly consume 607 terabytes of data every second by the year 2020. The internet of things (IoT) will also make sure that by 2020, there will be 40 billion connected devices. With such massive increase in usage, all the internet data now generated in one minute could be created in one second in just a few years.